Saturday, August 2, 2008

This piece from Dr. Nora..........

Assalamualaikum WBT


Setelah sekian lama saya mengikuti semua emel dan blog yang dikirimkan secara pasif, saya terpanggil untuk memberi maklumbalas setelah membaca tazkirah Dato Ahmad Reza (I hope I got that right), interaksi yang amat aktif
tentang durian dan cerita cinta monyet kak ida. semua ini telah mengembalikan kenangan manis pada satu ketika dulu.

my dear sisters kat SMSJ - kak ida, izan, kak sham, yut and naha and soyah (just talked to naha yesterday and yut & izan sometime back) if u all r reading this i bet u will also remember the 'great' once upon a time crush that i ve on u know who lah.... Sometimes I wonder where that guy is now and looking back, funny how i could have gone crazy over a guy without even thinking about what the future holds for u. As a result my MCE suffered lah juga, thats why i could not go and further my studies overseas like you all semua and I was so frustrated.

But God has other better plans for me. When I finally got to go, I wasn't going alone. I was there to accompany dear late hubby with three kids in a row and we had a wonderful 3+ years in London and I also managed to continue my studies there.

maaflah kalau saya ambil masa dan ruang untuk berintraksi dengan u all. Looking back, the twenty years that I spent with Allahyarham bringing up the children together were the best years of my life. Allah took him away in a blink of an eye. He was not sick at all and the last time i looked at him, I was telling myself - "he's looking radiant and good looking" and that was barely 2 hrs b4 he dropped me to get back to his patients in Hospital Seberang Jaya ..but he never arrived there alive. he was 47 and like Zai who loves fishing, he loved outdoor life so much - mountain climbing and jungle tracking was his passion. Golf was out because ' it destroys the environment'. He was at the peak of his career and have so many plans for his career tapi kita hanya merancang - Allah lah yang menentukan segalanya.

That was about three years ago. so, bila cakap pasal durian ni, terkenangkan Allahyarham yang amat suka makan durian and he would buy satu guni and force all of us to eat with him. anak2 cuma suka sikit2 saja tapi disebabkan abah mereka, we will all go to Balik Pulau and the owner akan kopekkan satu persatu mengikut urutan- species mana yang perlu dimakan dulu and followed by the next one. In later years the plantation owner buka gerai kat bawah sikit - near Equatorial hotel so we don't have to drive the winding road to his plantation. saya jarang beli dan jarang makan durian - since then.....

The death of someone close to you will bring u nearer to God - dan saya sentiasa berpesan pada diri saya that akhirnya kita juga akan pergi meninggalkan semua yang kita sayangi dan ia boleh berlaku pada bila bila masa saja. Jadi, kita pun kenalah bersedia & berusaha juga ke arah itu semoga kita semua akan mati dalam IMAN & TAQWA. Life is no longer like it used to be tapi Alhamdullillah, saya dapat kekuatan dari keluarga dan kawan kawan di sekeliling. Anak2 semuanya masih belajar but on the day that he passed away, I thank Allah that i ve been blessed with 5 children. Its a challenge bringing them up but Insya Allah, I hope they will turn out ok. seronok bila baca kawan2 yang dah punya anak yang bekerja dan bermenantu. Yut, your daughter looked so lovely and resplendent in the pic.

Seronok juga mendapat tahu semua kawan2 telah berjaya dan hidup gembira bersama keluarga. Sama samalah kita mendoakan kejahteraan hidup kita semua dan ALFATIHAH untuk kawan kawan yang telah pergi mendahului kita. Semoga Allah mencucuri RahmatNYA ke atas roh Allahyarham/Allahyarhammah

Sekian Wassalam

Nora

PS this is the third time im sending this email. The other two kena tendang balik. If anybody ada terima the same email, i aplogize. I think Bahau punye tak boleh sampai.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aah, very touching experience. I travel alot during my early days of 20's. Salesman katakan. No matter where I go I can see the finger print of Allah Al-mighty every where. Hidup dan mati macam kembar. Kuatkan semangat.